Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Some projects from the weekend

I have so much fun playing this weekend.

I used the Madeline collection by Prima to cut out the square using Spellbinders Fleur DeLis Squares die. I used two dies to cut out the center. I laid the biggest one down on the paper and then picked the next size down to lay in the middle of the big die. I fussy cut the top of the card and the flowers from the paper I used to cut out the square. I used Memory Box die to cut out Merry Christmas.


The box that I made was a juice box that I recycled into this beautiful box that I will fill with my cards and give as a Christmas gift.

I opened the box up and covered with paper. Once that was dry, I cut out the doilies and butterflies with my Cheery Lynn dies, the flowers were made using my Spellbinder flower dies. I glued the doilies to the box and then went over the box with Mod Podge to make sure it stayed down. I inked the edges of the flowers and layered them, between the layers I added some lace and fabric that I sprayed with some brown mist. To finish it off I added vines using a Cheery Lynn die and added pearls and some little handmade flowers for fillers. The small filler flowers were made using very small beads that were glued onto florist wire. The closure is something that I have had for several years and not sure who the manufacturer was.


I used Graphic 45s French Country and Farm Fresh by Paper Studio for the papers. I used Cherry Lynn Enchanted Forest die for the borders on the photo and along the left hand side. I used Martha Steward punch between the 2 pieces of paper and for the flowers I used Cherry Lynn Sunflower die to cut out the flowers, just placing the die over the flowers on the French Country paper. The flower package are real ones from flowers just too old to plant.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Very pretty Colleen!

Jackie Plank said...

So very beautiful!!

Phillis Walrath said...

Wow, that is a lot of work! Very beautiful and well worth it!!